State Primary Election & Town Meeting Secret Ballot and Budget Validation Referendum Election
Election Notices Posted July 6, 2020
- Notice of Intent to Process Absentee Ballots Prior to Election Day
- Declared Write-In Candidates
- Notice of Primary and Special Referendum Election
- Town of Kittery Warrant - School Buget Validation Referendum.
Sample Ballots for the July 14, 2020 Election
Absentee Voting Information - Absentee Ballots are Now Available!
To Request an Absentee Ballot:
Absentee Ballots are now available at Town Hall. Voters can request an absentee ballot in writing or in person up to and including the day of the election, without specifying a reason.
- To request an absentee ballot by phone, please call the Town Clerk’s office at 475-1313 or 475-1312.
- To request an absentee ballot online or by mail, please visit the Secretary of State's website by clicking here.
- To request an absentee ballot in-person, please visit the Customer Service Center at Town Hall, Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
The requirements in 21-A M.R.S. §§ 753-A and 753-B governing absentee ballots are suspended and modified in the following respects only:
- Applications for absentee ballots may be made in writing or in person up to and including the day of the election, without specifying a reason, in order to permit voters to obtain an absentee ballot and return it before the polls close on July 14, 2020; and
- Absentee ballot applications furnished more than 3 months before June 9, 2020 remain valid for use in the election on July 14, 2020.
For more on the Governor's Executive Order, please click here.
Important Election Information from the Town Clerk's Office
Voters are strongly encouraged to check with the Town Clerk’s Office to verify that they are registered to vote and enrolled in the correct party.
- March 3, 2020 (Presidential Primary & Referendum)
- July 14, 2020 (Primary & Referendum)
- November 3, 2020 (Presidential & Referendum)
Rank Choice Voting Information:
Rank Choice Voting (RCV) has now been implemented for the upcoming June election. Provided below is a link to additional resources offered by the Secretary of State's office regarding Rank Choice Voting.