Sample Ballots for the November 3, 2020 Presidential and State Election & Town Election:
Recent Updates from the Town Clerk's Office:
October 5, 2020
Absentee ballots for the November 3, 2020 Presidential and State Election & Town Election are now available.
Voters can use the following options to request an absentee ballot:
- In-person by visiting the Town Hall Customer Service Center, located at 200 Rogers Road, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Online by completing an online absentee ballot request by clicking here.
- Mail/drop off by printing and completing the absentee ballot request form located here, and mailing or delivering it to the Kittery Town Hall.
- Phone by contacting the Town Clerk’s office at 207-475-1313 or 207-475-1312.
September 29, 2020
The Town Clerk’s office would like to remind voters that it is necessary to update your voter registration card if you:
- Move or change your address.
- Have an updated address due to the Town changing your street name or street number.
- Change your name.
- When updating a voter registration card due to a name change, you must include a certified copy citing the change through Marriage, Death or Legal Name change through a court system.
- Wish to change your party.
To make changes to your voter registration card, you can:
- Visit Town Hall, located at 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday, and make the changes in person.
- Complete a new card by clicking here, and either mailing, or dropping off the completed card to the Kittery Town Hall.
- When mailing or dropping off a new voter registration card, you will be required to include proof of residency along with it. Proof of residency can include a tax bill, utility bill, bank statement or lease/deed documentation.
September 28, 2020
To track the status of your absentee ballot, click here to use the State of Maine's new absentee ballot tracking site.
1st - BE REGISTERED
If you're not yet registered to vote, you need to submit a Maine Voter Registration Application.
Here are the links to the official State of Maine Secretary of State website for the necessary form:
- For the fillable PDF form, please click here.
- For instructions on how to complete the form, please click here.
2nd - ABSENTEE BALLOT
It is estimated that most Mainers will vote via absentee ballot this year. Here's how you can too.
Being absent may have been a bad thing in school, but in the era of COVID-19, it is a safe alternative to voting in person. To do so, you must request an absentee ballot and return it to the Town Clerk, by 8:00 PM on Election Day.
Absentee ballot applications for the November 3, 2020 Election are now available.
- To request an absentee ballot online, please click here.
- To request an absentee ballot via PDF, please click here.
Completed applications should be returned to the Town Clerk's office located at 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME 03904.
If returning an absentee ballot on Election Day, it must go directly to the polls.
Please note that absentee ballots are not available at this time. They will be mailed to those who have completed an absentee ballot application when they are made available in October.
3rd - VOTING IN-PERSON
Maine State Law allows you to register and vote in person on Election Day.
The November 3rd Election will be held at the Kittery Community Center Gymnasium, located at 120 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
Rank Choice Voting Information:
Rank Choice Voting (RCV) has now been implemented for the upcoming June election. Provided below is a link to additional resources offered by the Secretary of State's office regarding Rank Choice Voting.