Updated September 23, 2020:
Fort Foster is open for its final weekend of the season this Saturday 9/26 and Sunday 9/27 from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM, with the inbound gate closing at 6:00 PM to all valid resident and non-resident season pass holders and online day pass holders. No walk-in or bike-in access is permitted when the gatehouse is open and the pavilions remain closed.
The following parking restrictions are:
- Parking will be prohibited within 75 feet of the gate to provide safe turn-around space for vehicles.
- Parking will be available on the outbound side of Pocahontas Road.
- Parking will be prohibited on the inbound side of Pocahontas Road.
- Walk-ins and bike-ins permitted only when the gatehouse is closed.
Please note that no cash or credit card transactions will occur at the gate and Day Passes must be purchased online and Season Passes at the Customer Service Center at the Town Hall prior to visiting the Park.
- Fort Foster Season Passes are available online by clicking here. This application is for both residents and non-residents who wish to purchase a season pass. Please be advised that it can take up to 21 days for processing. If you need your season pass sooner, please come into the Customer Service Center in Kittery Town Hall Mon-Thurs 8AM-6PM and apply for a season pass in person.
- Fort Foster Day Passes are available online by clicking here. Some mobile devices will be redirected to a desktop mode of the site and must enter “Maine” and “Kittery” to access the pass, not your state and city of residence. You can show proof of purchase to the gatekeeper from your mobile device through a closed window, though cell service is very limited at the Park so visitors must print or screenshot their pass to show the gate attendant. You must purchase a separate pass for each vehicle if multiple cars in your group. Day passes can be purchased for today or a future date, however ALL DAY PASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE, so if you are unsure of your travel plans or weather, please purchase them on the day of your visit.
Visitors should be aware that per CDC guidelines:
- Dogs must be on leash within Fort Foster at all times
- Beaches and playground will be open, however the playground will not be disinfected. Visitors are advised to use at the playground at their own risk.
- Portable toilets will be available.
- Pavilions will remain closed.
Please observe all signage to insure safe social distancing in the parking lots, trails, and open areas. Face masks are recommended for all visitors.
For more information about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 while visiting parks and recreational facilities, please click here.