Updated June 19, 2020:
Fort Foster is now open for regular hours, with the gate open daily from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
The park will be open to all valid resident and non-resident season pass holders and online day pass holders. No walk-in or bike-in passes are being sold at this time. Please note that no cash or credit card transactions will occur at the gate at this time.
- Fort Foster Season Passes are available online by clicking here. This application is for both residents and non-residents who wish to purchase a season pass. Please be advised that it can take up to 21 days for processing. If you need your season pass sooner, please come into the Customer Service Center in Kittery Town Hall Mon-Thurs 8AM-6PM and apply for a season pass in person.
- Fort Foster Day Passes are available online by clicking here. Some mobile devices will be redirected to a desktop mode of the site and must enter “Maine” and “Kittery” to access the pass, not your state and city of residence. You can show proof of purchase to the gatekeeper from your mobile device, though cell service is limited at the Park so visitors are encouraged to print or screenshot their receipt to show the gate attendant. Day passes can be purchased for today or a future date. ALL DAY PASSES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE, so if you are unsure of your travel plans or weather, please purchase them on the day of your visit.
Parking outside of the gate will remain restricted on Pocahontas Road to provide safe turn-around space for vehicles and to avoid unsafe conditions at the gate.
During this phase:
- Beaches and playground will be open.
- The playground will not be disinfected. Visitors are advised to use at the playground at their own risk.
- Portable toilets will be available.
- Pavilions will remain closed.
To prevent unintended contact with other visitors, dogs must be leashed at Fort Foster at all times.
Signage will remind visitors to observe safe social distancing in the parking lots, trails, and open areas. Face masks are recommended for all visitors.