Customers are required to have a valid facility sticker to use the facility. Hours of Operation include:
- Household trash and recycling: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Resource recovery and hazardous waste: Wednesday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The Freebie Barn will remain closed at this time.
Residents are asked to do their part in following all updated signage and social distancing measures while at the facility. The threat of COVID-19 is real, and it’s important that residents take precautions to avoid spreading the virus. Please maintain a safe social distance (6 feet) from staff and each other at all times, and remain inside vehicles unless depositing waste in the bins.
Residents looking to get a facility sticker can now do so in-person at the Town Hall Customer Service Center, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM or contact-free by applying online here.
Residents are encouraged to sort plastics before arriving at the facility. Pre-sorting of plastics will significantly reduce wait times during peak hours. As a reminder, acceptable plastics include:
#1 PET - All plastic bottles and jars, any color.
#2 HPDE Natural - Containers such as milk jugs, gallon sized water containers, and some juice containers.
#2 HPDE Colored - Containers such as laundry detergent, shampoo containers, and white milk jugs.
#5 Plastics - Containers such as yogurt cups, butter tubs, lids, caps and takeout containers.
The Resource Recovery Facility does not accept drinking cups, straws or anything black. These unacceptable materials can now go into household trash.
- During winter snow plowing operations the Resource Recovery Facility may be closed. While we make every effort to post updates on this page, all closures/delays will be posted on the Town's home page.
- Residents and users of the Resource Recovery Facility are required to have a valid decal sticker affixed to the driver's side windshield. Residents can obtain a facility sticker in-person at the Town Hall Customer Service Center, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM or contact-free by applying online here.
- The Town has mandatory separation of recycling materials. Separation of redeemable or reusable items assists in minimizing the costs of disposal therefore benefiting all the taxpayers of Kittery by lowering costs.
- For more information on what can and cannot be recycled, please click here.
- Recyclable items are separated by the resident and disposed of into the appropriate container/area in each different window:
- Soft drinks, water, juice milk and detergent containers
- Dry food boxes, magazines, junk mail, newspapers, inserts, and phonebooks
- Corrugated cardboard, boxes, and pizza boxes
- Tin, aluminum,and steel cans and containers
- Glass bottles and jars
- Solid waste disposal is also in this same Building A. All trash should be in bags and free of any recyclable or resource materials.
|Tim Ellis||Resource Recovery Facility Crew Chief||(207) 439-1477|
|David Rich||Commissioner of Public Works||(207) 439-0333|