Beginning Monday, September 26, 2022, the Town Clerk’s Office and Customer Service Center at Kittery Town Hall will be available to assist with marriage licensing during the hours of 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. The Town Clerk’s Office and Customer Service Center will not be able to assist with marriage licenses outside of these hours.
Anyone visiting Town Hall to apply for a marriage license is encouraged to come prepared with the following:
- A completed marriage intentions form, which can be found by clicking here.
- The marriage intentions form should be filled out, but NOT SIGNED.
- The marriage intentions form should only be signed in the presence of the Clerk’s Office staff during your visit.
- A valid photo ID for both parties.
- If either party was married previously, a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate.
Arriving with all of the necessary paperwork and information required to apply for a marriage license will help our staff process requests as timely and efficiently as possible.
For more information about marriage licenses, please visit the Town Clerk’s page on our website by clicking here.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and appreciate your patience.