Are you ready to rock the block at the 8th annual Kittery Block Party?
Saturday June 16th, the Kittery Foreside will be rocking with over 130 street vendors from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM followed by a 5K Road Race at 5:00 PM. New this year, there will be entertainment under the Main Tent starting at 7:00 PM as well as concurrent live entertainment venues from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Daytime and evening admission is FREE to all! The cost for the road race is $25 for new runners, and $20 for runners who participated in the 2017 race.
Presenting sponsors Bob’s Clam Hut, York Hospital, Kittery Trading Post, Kennebunk Savings, Northeast Credit Union, Maine Magazine and Harbour Light Strategic Marketing along with Supporting Sponsors, Wickson Construction, Robert’s Maine Grill and Green Pages, bring you this celebration of local art, culture, and food that fosters lasting relationships and strengthens community in a fun neighborhood atmosphere, enjoyable for all ages. Last year, an estimated 4,000 people participated in the day’s activities and events. Proceeds from the Block Party will be awarded in grants, to worthwhile community based non-profit organizations. The complete list of grant recipients will be announced the day of the Block Party!
About the Block Party: The focus is local, so what you see, hear and taste comes from the area. There will be children’s events, live entertainment throughout the day, demonstrations, educational exhibits and of course, great food. This event is sure to entice, educate, and entertain all ages. KBP is a rain or shine event, and there is no admission fee.
Parking: Parking is available at the Kittery Post Office, Wentworth Dennett School and Green Pages on Badger’s Island. More parking options are coming on line all the time so check the website for the latest updates and look for parking signs the day of the event. There will be a shuttle circulating during the day for rides to and from the party.
Food, fun and entertainment: The Foreside streets will be bursting with artisans and vendors of all stripes – from jewelry makers to non-profit informational booths, local art, clothing, toys and more - a shopper’s delight.
- Food: There will be over a dozen of Kittery’s renowned food vendors serving up summer favorites with a healthy and local edge.
- Fun: The popular Children’s area has been expanded to include more fun for the kiddos! The Pony X-Press Petting Farm will also be located in the children’s section with a variety of Spring babies, mini goats, alpacas, zebus and bunnies!
- Timber Tina’s Great Maine Lumberjack Show is back and will have show times at 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM! This year, there will be stadium seating, so that everyone will have a great view of the all of the action!
- Daytime Entertainment: Beginning at 10:00 AM at the Main Stage tent, 8 different acts will perform and run on the ½ hour or hour until 3:45 pm. This year’s lineup includes: Patrick Dow Productions, Soggy Po Boys, Traip Academy Youth, The Kingdom, The Rushmores, African Drumming, Lexi James and more!
- 5K Road Race: Bridging the hours between the day-long street festival and the evening entertainment lineup, the Kittery Block Party 5K runners will enjoy a scenic, early-evening run. The race course winds through Kittery Foreside, heading up Route 1 to the Kittery Traffic Circle, then up Rogers and Shapleigh Roads and back towards the Kittery Post Office. Runners will cross the finish line to cheering spectators. Race proceeds will benefit the Traip Academy Sports Boosters!
- Nighttime Entertainment: Will take place under the Maine Tent, along with Black Birch, Anju and other Kittery Foreside establishments.