Please review the Pavilion Availability Calendar to reserve a date and pay for the reservation. Additionally, please complete a Pavilion Reservation Form so staff has your group details. Questions about pavilion reservations can be directed to Julie McCann at the Public Works Department at (207) 439-0333.
Planning A Wedding/Event?
There are some things to remember when choosing Fort Foster as your wedding/event venue.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- The facility is "carry in carry out"; groups are required to bring their own trash receptacles and remove all trash from the park. Trash may not be left in park bathrooms.
- There is no power available and generators are not permitted.
- Reservation fees do not include vehicle entrance fees. You can pay in advance for your guests or have guests responsible for their own entrance fee.
- Pavilion rentlas start at 10:00 AM when the park opens, and all guests must be vacated by 7:00 PM or 1 hour before posted closing time, whichever is earlier.
- If you are paying for your guests vehicle entry fees, a copy of your guest list is greatly appreciated by the gate attendant staff. This can be sent to the Kittery Public Works Department or delivered to the gate prior to the wedding.
- Rented tents, tables and chairs are allowed on the pavilion grounds in specific areas. There are several local companies that have experience setting up within the park.
- There are many local businesses who have experience with catering events within the park.
- Ceremonies outside the reserved area must have town approval prior to the wedding/event date.
- Weather is always a factor. Keep in mind that being closer to the ocean can bring cooler temperatures and fog. It is recommended that you plan accordingly.
- Parking can be difficult on warm busy days. We encourage guests to carpool to help with parking, reduce entrance fees and make it easier to exit the park when finished.
- Kittery residents can reserve the pavilions starting January 1, 2022. Non-Residents can reserve pavilions starting April 15, 2022, but not more than 200 days in advance of their selected date.
Small Pier Pavilion
- Capacity: Up to 35 people
- Reservation Fee: $100.00 (does not include $20 day pass per vehicle entrance fees or credit/debit processing fees)
- Number of Tables: 6
- Number of Small Grills: 2
Large Tower Pavilion
- Capacity: Up to 50 people
- Reservation Fee: $200.00 (does not include $20 day pass per vehicle entrance fees or credit/debit processing fees)
- Capacity: 51-100 people
- Reservation Fee: $300.00 (does not include $20 day pass per vehicle entrance fees or credit/debit processing fees)
- Number of Tables: 13
- Number of Small Grills: 6
- Number of Large 6 Foot Grills: 1