The Town of Kittery has contracted Municipal Resources, Inc to perform all Municipal tax assessing services.
In an effort to maintain fair and equitable assessments for all purposes, your property may be visited and inspected for the following:
- Building Permits Inspections
- Sales Inspections
- Cyclical Inspections
- Field Review Inspections for Revaluation
- Property Tax Appeal Inspections
- Property Owner Requested Inspections
Depending on the reason for the assessor’s visit, you may not receive notice ahead of time. If you have any questions about your property or about a potential visit, please contact the Town office at 207-475-1304 or at 207-475-1306.
All assessing staff will adhere to the following guidelines:
- Staff will be wearing identification badges, will have signs on their vehicles and will have introduction letters from the Town.
- A typical inspection takes around 10 minutes. If no one is home, exterior measurements will be taken, which may involve entering side and/or backyards.
- If an adult property owner is home, staff will request an interior inspection to confirm data. Interior inspections are important to ensure accurate, fair and equitable assessments for all properties.
- The homeowner is encouraged to provide information that may not be apparent to the assessor at the time of inspections, such as: seasonal wetness, cracked foundations, leaking roofs, easements, etc.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please see the list below for certified MRI assessors conducting work in Kittery.
- Mike O’Leary, CMA (RET.)
- Karen Fortier, CMA
- Paul McKenney, CMA, CNHA
- Michelle McDonald, CMA
- Ed Tinker, CNHA