Are you looking for ways to make a positive impact? Does the idea of using your skills, and finding creative ways to help the town and people of Kittery, excite you? If you answered YES, then we would love for you to get involved with one of our Town Boards or Committees.
Town of Kittery boards and committees provide the opportunity to:
- Make a difference in the community
- Support local government in addressing issues and concerns
- Provide guidance and input for future decision-making
- Meet new people with various talents and share ideas
While not all of our boards and committees have openings, vacancies do occur on a regular basis. If the committee you wish to serve on does not have an opening at this time, you may still submit an application. If you're unsure about which board or committee may be right for you, or which have current openings, please contact the Town Clerk at (207) 475-1313 or email@example.com. If you would like to apply for one of the Town of Kittery's Boards & Committees, you can download the application, by clicking here.
For a full list of the Town of Kittery's Boards & Committees, please click here.
The following Kittery Town Boards and Committees are currently seeking members or alternates:
Land Issues Committee
- Develop, review and advise on proposed land use ordinance and land use ordinance revisions that impact the utilization, development, and preservation of land.
- Develop, review and advise on policies and strategies to acquire, preserve and/or conserve open space in Town, and coordinate the respective organizational interests to implement the policies and strategies.
Kittery Celebration Committee
The Kittery Celebration Committee will meet on an as-needed basis and will be responsible for:
- Planning and presenting a diverse program of events and activities that bring the Town of Kittery together in celebration of the State of Maine's bicentennial and the 375th anniversary of the Town of Kittery's incorporation. The program will appeal to residents of all ages.
The Celebration Committee will consist of 15 members who will be appointed in order to achieve a diverse group representing the historic, artistic, business and social aspects of Town. For more information on the Celebration Committee, please click here.
Shellfish Conservation Committee
The Shellfish Conservation Committee meets on an as-needed basis and is responsible for:
- Establishing annually in conjunction with the department of marine resources the number of shellfish digging licenses to be issued;
- Surveying each clam producing area at least once each three years to establish size distribution and density and annually estimating the status of the town's shellfish resources;
- Securing and maintaining records of shellfish harvest from the town's managed shellfish areas and closed areas that are conditionally opened by the department of marine resources;
- Recommending conservation closures and openings to the town council in conjunction with the area biologists of the department of marine resources.
The Shellfish Conservation Committee is currently seeking one regular member, as well as alternates. For more information on the Shellfish Conservation Committee, please click here.