Duties & Responsibilities
The KITTERY TOWN COUNCIL:
Hereby establishes the Kittery Community Center at Frisbee Common Building Committee as follows:
- The Building Committee membership will consist of the three Town Councilors and eleven citizens. Ex Officio support is to be provided by the Town Manager and Recreation Director. A Committee Chair and Vice Chair will be selected from among the citizen appointees.
- The Council wishes the Building Committee to engage and complete reconfiguration renovations and additions at Frisbee Common as a single design-build project in keeping with provided studies and plans not exceeding the $5.5 million voter approved construction bond funding with project completion no later than August 15, 2012.
- The Council expects the Committee to seek Council approval for any proposed additions, alterations, or reconfiguration, other than minor architect or engineering changes, not found in the present plans.
- The Council wishes the Building Committee to submit periodic progress and status reports no less often than quarterly through January 2012. Thereafter, monthly or more frequent, reports are to be submitted.
- The Building Committee will hold its first meeting on DATE at TIME at Town Hall; elect a chair and vice chair and organize itself; meet as often as it determines necessary to complete its task; and, achieve the milestones/objectives laid out following.
- The Committee reports to the Town Council as a whole through its Chairs. It has no authority with municipal departments and staff, except as it may be requested of, and directed by, the Town Manager.
- The Council herewith dissolves the Committee six months from the date of completion of its task and beneficial occupancy of the facilities, or December 31st, 2012, whichever may occur first.